Wednesday, January 18, 2012

LosTweens.com launches to help raise kids in a 'diverse World'

Jan 17, 2012

A new interactive website--LosTweens.com--launched recently to help parents of diverse backgrounds raise multicultural children ages 7 to 12.

"As a Latina mom I realize that this is the age where any cultural links I attempt to establish outside the 'norm' will be most challenged," writes co-founder Cristy Clavijo-Kish. "If you don't focus on schoolwork, friends, coolness, discipline, spirituality (the list goes on) AND culture- the teen years certainly will not be the place to start emphasizing its importance ... I can support my child's learning to have an open mind if I anchor my efforts through presenting cultural understanding- starting with my own."

Read full article

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2015 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Operated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month