Monday, November 9, 2009

Fundraising In The Social Era

There are few things more fulfilling than finding someone doing something for a good cause or raising money or awareness for something important. I’m participating in Movember, which is a male cancer awareness effort to follow October, which has a breast cancer awareness focus, mostly for women. (You can help shave my goatee by donating to the Prostate Cancer Foundation.

Social media for social good is rampant these days, which is somehow satisfying, even if the impact isn’t huge or the reach isn’t massive. I know my friends Beth Kanter, Susan Reynolds, Connie Reece, Geoff Livingston, Drew Olanoff (Still clapping for you beating cancer, my man) and more have leveraged social media to do all sorts of warm and fuzzy things for great people and tough issues.

This is why I find it hard to say, “no,” when someone pitches me on a charitable effort or product. I have to most of the time or SME would turn into the X charity using social media blog. That’s not what most of you come here for and so I have to sometimes play the bad guy there. But once in a while a pitch comes by that makes me think, “Now there’s something worth telling folks about.”

Read full
article

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2015 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Operated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month